The first of the EVO’s are here! This year Specialized looked at the modifications people were doing to their own bikes and did them for you on the EVO line. There are some models that aimed for less weight and efficiency and some aimed at creating a more capable descender/trail bike.
The Stumpjumer EVO we have in is a lightly modified version of the regular. The first things that jump out are the 67deg headtube angle vs 68.5 on the regular Stumpy and the little bit more travel. Also the little chain guide looks like serious business is about to happen.
- M5 manipulated alloy frame for SJ Evo features slacker HT and lower BB with 145mm of travel, ISCG O5 tabs
- Custom Fox RP23-S rear shock.
- Fox F150 RL air-sprung alloy fork with 15mm thru-axle, external lockout, and rebound.
- Roval Control AL wheelset.
- Both 2Bliss Ready, the S-Works Purgatory 2.2″ front tire works in concert with the Purgatory Control 2.0″ in the rear.
- Specialized Command Post is a 3-position adjustable-height seatpost with remote lever for on-the-fly changes to riding position; 125mm travel
- 2×10 SRAM Drivetrain, 36-24T Carbon S-2200 cranks, X9 Shifters, Xo RD, 11-36 Shimano Cassette.
Here are links to some of the other EVO’s, stop in and check it out. These bikes will not last long.
EVO Testride Portland Oregon review Stumpy New 2011 pictures trail