We have just started posting some closeout deals on our Facebook page. This could include new and old parts, bikes or just product we want you to try. All product will be at a significant discount. You don’t have to be a Facebook user to see these great deals. All you have to do is go to our page and click on photos and then on albums.
That’s where you will find all the good deals. Check back often as we will always be new adding product. Items will show till sold, all sales on closeout items final.
BodyGeometry 3D FIT Fitting service is back at Sunset Cycles! A collaborative system designed by Specialized and Dr. Andy Pruitt Ed.D., PA of the Boulder Center for Sports Medicine. The system uses a 20-point physical and flexibility assessment and dynamic analysis of a rider on the bike. The system uses no formula, instead takes each rider’s different physical characteristics to fit a bicycle to the rider not the other way around.
We are excited to once again offer BG FIT packages the details of which can be found HERE. To recognize our restructured fitting program we will be, for a limited time offer various discounts with our fit packages:
- 15% off all BG FIT level Fitting Services
- 15% off all BG FIT level Fitting Services AND 10% all Parts and Accessories purchased during a fit with the purchase of select bikes
- 10% off all Parts and Accessories purchased with any other level Fitting Service (Positioning, Sizing, Cleat/Shoe Fitting)
All Fitting Service will be performed at the Bethany Store.
Stop by and find out more.
Here is a closer look at the 2013 Ridley X-Ride Disc Apex($2,195)
- Mudless tube technology on front fork and seat stays.
- S-Bend seat stays provide additional comfort and increased tire clearance.
- Tapered 1-1/8 1-1/2 headtube with angular contact bearings.
- Disc and cantilever brake compatible post mount frame.
- Frame: Triple butted 7005 aluminum.
I spent the first week of October at Specialized HQ in Morgan Hill, CA for BodyGeometry FIT training, learning the latest and greatest research in bicycle fitting. Additionally I had a sneak peak at some of the up coming Specialized technologies including some of the 2013 road bikes the Roubaix with the much discussed Cobl-Gobl-R and the Venge.
Disclaimer, I am a long-time Tarmac Rider and truly love my Tarmac having no ambition to ride any other frame. The Venge accelerated effortlessly and sliced through the wind, though nearly every imperfection in the road could be felt
On the Roubaix I experienced the opposite, not being accustomed to Zertz I felt few of the bumps, the Cobl-Gobl-R took a good amount of the movement transferred through the frame and made it disappear, while when I went to shift my weight it did feel as if I had a flat rear tire due to the flex of the seat post.